Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ubuntu One (Beta)

I received my invite to use Ubuntu One (Beta) today. As for the install it, went pretty easy and they have a good installation guide on the website, http://ubuntuone.com. Just follow there install instruction and the quick installation is done. The only problem that I notice is the icon for the Ubuntu One that is supposed to be in the top panel is not there, but I am am not worried about that.

Uploading and downloading is simple and easy to do.

Ubuntu One give you 2GB of storage for free and 10GB for US $10 a month. Currently I use SpiderOak for my online backup storage. SpiderOak has 2GB free and they have plans that start at US $10 a month for 100GB of space. SpiderOak is cross platform compared to UbuntuOne that only work in Ubuntu. I like the features that SpiderOak offers I will continue to them as my primary online backup. But I will play with Ubuntu One and see what happenes after It comes out of Beta into a final version.

No comments:

Post a Comment